Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My first Prayer

Richard,

I just wanted you to know that I prayed for the first time in a long time. I truly want what is best for all of us. Nothing we've tried has worked and you have turned to god...so I would like to take your lead and turn to him too. I wrote it down, because that's how I communicate best...i guess even to god!



Dear Lord,

My family needs you. We can't make it through this time without you. I don't know what is in our future, but I know that we can't face it alone. I know that you can give us what we need... and I hope that you will forgive me for coming to you when I am in need, after so long. I am scared and vulnerable and there's been so much hurt...but Raleigh needs strength, peace and stability....and so do Richard and I.

We need strength to get through this difficult time, we've never felt pain like this before. We ask you for clarity, to know where the path before us is leading and what decisions we need to make for the best outcome. We need Forgiveness to allow us to release the anger....this will come and go, but we need to have this in our hearts every time, so please be there when we need it. I need Faith that the right decisions are being made with the least amount of pain to all involved. I need faith in you, it's been a long time and I want to come back...but i don't know how. I need to keep love in my heart, because hate destroys me and I need to have the peaceful feeling of love. Finally, I need hope...that whatever this chapter is, it will have an end that justifies the pain along the way.

Please take my family in your arms, we need you and we need you to guide us through this to whatever lays ahead.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment